ONE FLOOR BELOW (ROMANIA/FRANCE/SWEDEN/2015/DRAMA)
UN ETAJ MAI JOS
Sandu Patrascu是個精力充沛的父親，手機不離身也閒不下來，隨時遙控自己所經營的仲介公司，專門幫客戶更換汽車牌照。他與妻子及幼子Matei居住在公寓大樓，他專注於事業、家裡養的狗（他為狗報名了犬展）和自己的日常飲食。看似普通的生活，被發生在大樓裡的某個事件弄得天翻地覆。一天，他偶然發現兩個鄰居正激烈爭吵，其中的男人注意到Sandu 。幾個小時後，爭吵的女子死亡，警方趕到現場。是意外嗎？還是發生了刑案？沒有人知道真相，Sandu對目睹的一切保持沉默。他的沉默漸漸影響他的生活。只有他一個人懷疑Vali涉嫌，他很快地接近Vali，利用他的專業服務窺探他的私生活。兩個男人之間建立了心照不宣的緊張關係，這使得Sandu更加不安。
製作公司：Bleck Film & TV AB, Centre national du cinema et de l”image animee, Cine Plus Filmproduktion, HBO Romania
• 「一部關於視角與距離的電影，極為精緻。」 – （好萊塢報導者）
• 「拉杜摩堤恩擅長講述簡潔的故事，不給觀眾太多資訊，低調營造出逐漸沸騰的懸疑氣氛，他在本片將這種藝術手法推向了有趣的極致。」 – （好萊塢報導者）
Sandu Patrascu, a hyperactive father who spends his life on the go, mobile phone in hand, managing his small business as an intermediary in administrative matters for changing car registration plates. Focused on his professional activities, his dog (which he enters into competitions) and his diet, this rather ordinary man’s life is turned upside down by an event which takes place in the building where he lives with his wife and young son Matei. One day he stumbles upon a stormy row between two of his neighbours, a woman and a man, and the latter notices Sandu. A few hours later, the woman is dead and the police are on the scene. Was it an accident? Has a crime been committed? No one knows and Sandu keeps quiet about what he witnessed. His silence slowly but surely works away at him, just like he works away at Vali, the neighbour he suspects (but who no one else suspects) who quickly gets close to Sandu, availing himself of his professional services and prying into his private life. A tense relationship, characterised by not breathing a word, is forged between the two protagonists, troubling Sandu even more deeply.
Director: Radu Muntean
Producer: Dragos Vilcu
Production Co: Bleck Film & TV AB, Centre national du cinema et de l”image animee, Cine Plus Filmproduktion, HBO Romania
Cast: Teo Corban, Iulian Postelnicu, Oxana Moravec, Ionut Bora
• Un Certain Regard Award Nominee, Cannes Film Festival, 2015.
Gopo Awards, Romania, 2016 (6 Nominations including)
• Radu Muntean and Dragos Vilcu, Best Feature Film Nominee.
• Radu Muntean, Best Directing Nominee.
• Iulian Postelnicu, Best Actor in a Supporting Role Nominee.
• Tatiana Iekel, Best Actress in a Supporting Role Nominee.
• “a very fine if not exactly groundbreaking film about, as the title hints, perspective and distance.” – THR
• “Muntean…a particularly laconic storyteller, withholding information and keeping the drama on a low, seething simmer, but he pushes that aesthetic to interesting extremes here.” – THR
• “Radu Muntean unveils a highly subtle and skilfully staged psychological film about a man at odds with his conscience.” - Cineuropa