ALL MY LOVING (GERMANY/DRAMA/2019)
Language: German, English, Italian (IMDB)
製作公司：Port au Prince Film and Kultur Produktion GmbH, Pandora Filmproduktion
演員：拉爾艾丁格（《星星知我心》，《NEVER LOOK AWAY》）, 內勒穆勒史托芬（《男孩傑克》）, 漢斯勒夫（《顛父人生》，《IN MY ROOM》）
- 2019 年羅茲Transatlantyk電影節，新電影單元，愛德華柏格
愛德華柏格於1970年出生於德國，畢業於紐約大學蒂施藝術學院，並於1997年執導了首部作品《Gomez》。隨後作品《A Good Summer》（2012年）和《男孩傑克》（2014）分別獲得了德國格林獎和德國影劇學院最佳影片銀獎。他執導的電視影集劇《Deutschland '83》（2015）獲得了影集瘋最佳國際影集、國際艾美獎和皮博迪獎。近期他執導Showtime頻道的《Patrick Melrose》（2018），由班奈狄克康柏拜區演員，該劇入圍五項艾美獎和一項金球獎。
編劇兼導演愛德華柏格不僅在美國享有盛譽，他以《Deutschland 83》成功地開發了一個德國影集，版權賣出美國等許多國家。他在《The Terror》的表現也廣受好評，為該系列影集執導了幾集。
A FAMILY OF THREE SIBLINGS. EACH OF THEM IS FACED WITH LIFE CHALLENGES AND DIFFERENT IDEAS OF SOLUTIONS. A HYMN TO THE MODERN FAMILY: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, MORNING SMILES.
For the siblings Stefan (41), Julia (44) and Tobias (34) life is seemingly alright. Working as a pilot, Stefan has a big apartment, a fast car, and many women. However, the disappearance of his daughter Vicky, the result of a former affair, triggers the longing for a more substantial form of love. Julia and her husband Christian are spending a long weekend in Italy to give their relationship a boost. But when a dog gets hurt in the street, she immediately shifts her attention to the little animal and obsesses over its well-being. Tobias, father of three kids and married to a successful businesswoman, is finally trying to get his university degree, when his siblings send him to their hometown to take care of their sick father.
Once there he realizes his parents cannot live alone anymore, and he is confronted with his own dilemma: will he continue to give himself up for other people's needs? All three have reached a point in their lives where something has to change, before the rest of their lives begin. Among chaos, mistakes, and insecurities they are trying to find their own piece of happiness.
ALL MY LOVING is a hymn, a praise to the modern family which often makes us lose our sleep at night but surprises us with unforgettable moments in return.
Director: Edward Berger (JACK, PATRICK MELROSE)
Producers: Jan Krüger, Jörg Trentmann, Raimond Goebel
Production Co: Port au Prince Film and Kultur Produktion GmbH, Pandora Filmproduktion
Cast: Lars Eidinger (PROXIMA, NEVER LOOK AWAY), Nele Müller-Stöfen (JACK), Hans Löw (TONI ERDMANN, IN MY ROOM)
- World Premiere, Panorama section, 69th Berlin International Film Festival, 2019.
- Edward Berger, Section “New Cinema“, Transatlantyk Festival: Lodz, 2019.
Born in 1970 Germany, Edward Berger graduated from NYU's Tisch School of the Arts and directed his debut Gomez in 1997. His subsequent films, A Good Summer (2012) and Jack (2014), won, respectively, a German Grimme Award and the German Academy Award in Silver for Best Picture. Among his work for television, Berger's series "Deutschland '83" (2015) won the award for Best International Drama Series at Series Mania, the International Emmy, and the Peabody Award. And recently, he directed Showtime's "Patrick Melrose" (2018), starring Benedict Cumberbatch, which was nominated for five Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe.
Author and director Edward Berger has long enjoyed an excellent reputation not only in this country. With his work on "Deutschland 83" he succeeded in developing a German series for the first time, which was sold in the USA - it also became a success in numerous other countries. He was also recognized for his work on "The Terror". He contributed several episodes to the series.
His latest work is entitled "All My Loving" and focuses on the life stories of three siblings. What makes the film particularly authentic is that the protagonists must struggle with hurdles that force them to change something fundamental.
- "Palpably well-crafted and tremendously-acted." SCREEN INTERNATIONAL
- "Touching, engaging and elegant storytelling." CINEUROPA
- Rising-star television director Edward Berger tracks the midlife crises of three adult siblings from a middle-class German family in the generational drama 'All My Loving.'
- A drama that strikes the quiet tones and is taken from life - that is precisely what makes “All My Loving” so worth seeing. The German production, directed by Edward Berger, tells the story of three siblings and explores the question of what can stand in the way of personal happiness.
- ..... But nothing more. No loud film, no radical drama, no story that shocks us. A film about middle-class people who are looking for something light in melancholy and who find their radicalism in everyday life. All My Loving is a story about the little changes in life......